Monday, April 11, 2011

KAPOW! Comic Con coverage Part 1





I didn't make it or Did I?

Okay.
"Cool story" begins here "bro".

Someone else said he will buy Kapow tickets for me
and flopped me up on friday morning. April 8th 2011. I didn't want to do anything with my life after he slipped that information. And the name of the scum is not worth mentioning.

And these tickets
were not available at door entry. Strictly for fans buy online print ticket and enter the con. I came back home (from university) to check if they had any tickets left but ALL SOLD OUT!

I even checked on ebay if anyone was selling it there I was ready to spend what i had saved for ps3 or hot toys kevin flynn, 178 pounds VIP ticket but that was sold out as well. Even the charity lunch ticket was sold out 300 pounds to have lunch with yer comic book aritsts writers etc. All sold out. I stayed awake till 3 am (fri night - sat morning) trying to figure out a way. I was also searching for Guns to kill myself. Seriously incase I didn't make it.

There was this bunch of people who invited me 3 months ago to whom i said, "NO! THIS DUDE IS GETTING ME A TICKET!" So i send them a message, a pathetic message. Like the one I sent to my ex girlfriend as soon as she said that it is useless as her father would not approve of our alliance. I fell asleep almost crying woke up Saturday morning 9 am on 9th April and continued my efforts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv66O1aGrjI&feature=related

As a last resort I simply called a store (which I thought would have been closed due to their stall at the convention). A great guy answered the call and gave me the number of the peoples who invited me 3 months ago. Called them directly, they were at the con already, told them what happened again, and he said "you just come here and i will send someone to take you in." Whoa indeed! I didn't know how it was going to work with tight security and all. But still I packed my comics (heh) and left to london kings cross and from there just one stop to the Angel tube station, went to the original entrance of the business design centre which had become the loading bay and was shut.

Found a dude packing his back pack, he smiled when i asked him the way. He also told me that marvel had just approved his portfolio. Yes he was all smiles. I congratulated and thanked him.
Then I found the entrance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibZJ0Yqh2Ng&feature=related



Imagined what it would be like and how the stalls were put in, the booths were arranged and how the stage was set up and how many of my favourite creators was I going to meet...

I made the second call he answered after long set of rings, sent one of the recognizers for me and then...

I got in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSx_N18TWjs&feature=related




... to be continued ...

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

The suspence is killing me. Finish it fast!

Zupahman said...

Iknew u wudnt complete it..lazybones.. get back here