Friday, June 27, 2008

HAPPENING again and

Forget UTV. I felt bombed when I thought SPYGLASS ENTERTAINMENT had let things slip for this movie, THE HAPPENING. But I was wrong. Dammit. I'm glad I was wrong. Everything seems to be pretty cool. 50% of the peeps I know have been reporting that they enjoyed the movie without any appearances of the "microphone." (Came from those who are not in India) But for those of us who are here (in India), our movie theaters do not actually have proper Projection Gates. (Most of our theaters are busy counting money bills, while forgetting to fix their surround sound speakers. I guess some of us expect too much as usual from our beloved ancient land with varied heritage) .

THE HAPPENING now gets 120/100 in my book. (After research and confirmation, some theaters in the USA too had the projection problem, and the 'mic' was seen)

So I end this tiny post by informing you that, there's no one to blame. But the movie theaters. Not the Director, the Cinematographer, the Editor or even the sad Boom-operator. Just the Movie Theaters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh! i dont think you should complain about India...all thats missing there is the 'sourround sound'...here in Qatar...good movies never get released...people are more into dumb hollywood teen movies or movies like Licensed to Wed... grrrr...